Monday, October 1, 2012

Prayer Flag

I know it is has been a good long while since I have had any blog posts. For that I am truly sorry, I can only say that I have been in a dark place for much of the summer. A week ago today was my sweet baby girl's due date and I will need a whole blog post to explain the beauty of that day for me and my husband. I feel we were able to honor her and allow her to see the joy and love we hold for her in our hearts. I do promise to come back to it in a future post. A few weeks ago J and I worked on creating a prayer flag for our Taylor to hang for October 15 at the Baby Remembrance ceremony that will be held on Christian's Beach in Australia.  Carly Marie's website has been such a blessing to me over the past few months and I was excited when she posted her upcoming project she wanted to do with Prayer Flags from all over the world.  J and I were thankful to have such a beautiful way to honor our daughter.
We used a fabric marker to write a message on the back to our daughter in Heaven.  I won't get the opportunity to sew blankets, play mats, curtains or dresses for my little girl, but she does have a prayer flag full of love.  It was also my first completed project with my sewing machine; I just received help with the embroidery of her name with my Memaw's fancy machine :)  It gives me a great amount of joy that the first thing I ever really sewed was for my baby girl.  I can't wait to see pictures of her flag on the beach.  I wanted to spend so much time in the water with her, but at least I know in a way we are experiencing the beauty of the ocean together now.


~T.

No comments:

Post a Comment