Friday, October 12, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 12, Scent





Day 12 of the Capture Your Grief project is a picture of a scent that reminds you of your baby.  I wish I had had the opportunity to smell her sweet baby scent, but since I didn't the scents after her loss are what remind me of baby Taylor.  When we went back home after losing her, we had this beautiful bouquet from my grandparents waiting for us.  We received several others, but the scent of the lilies overtook our home.  So soft, fragrant and beautiful.  On Taylor's birthday last month, we received a beautiful bouquet of white lilies from our good friends.  Again our home was filled with the sweet fragrance.  We took a single lily with us from that bouquet to our lakeside ceremony my husband and I had for us to say "Happy Birthday".  You can see that single lily in the memorial picture we took that is posted from Day 5.
I looked up the meaning behind the lily and found that it means "innocence, purity, hope, faith, motherhood, and rememberance".  If that is not an appropriate definition of a scent that describes my baby, then I don't know what would be.

~T.

No comments:

Post a Comment