Monday, October 8, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 8, Jewelry

Jewelry

Capture Your Grief Day 8 is a picture of a piece of jewelry that is in memory of your baby.  I know the picture is horrible, I am going to try and get another with natural light.  I have had this bracelet, with the charm of my name since my 16th birthday.  For Mother's Day this year, J wanted to make the day as easy as possible for me and let me decide how we were going to proceed.  I had decided I wanted to go to a Ranger's game because I could escape into my world of baseball and not be over exposed to Mother's Day excitement.  I couldn't struggle through the service at church, where each year they honor the mom's by having them stand and applauded and hand out a charm.  I just couldn't do it.  So for my Mother's Day present, J honored me with a matching charm and had it engraved with "Taylor Grace 2012".  Now her and I are side by side on this bracelet and as close as the charms are, I feel that close to her when I wear it.  The charms are now all scratched up from rubbing each other, so I really need to have hers fixed and figure out a way to protect it.  But even if I'm the only one that knows what it says, I love her little charm and how close it makes me feel to my baby girl.

~T.

No comments:

Post a Comment