Monday, October 15, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 15, WAVE OF LIGHT

Day 15 for the Capture Your Grief Project is the October 15th WAVE OF LIGHT for International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  All over the world, at 7 pm their time, people lit candles for at least one hour in memory of their precious babies they lost and miss dearly.  So for 24 hours, non-stop, candles were lit in honor of all those little ones we love that can't be with us.

My husband and I lit three candles that I made just for this occasion.  The front candle is for Taylor, the one on the left is for the babies lost by our family and friends, and the one on the right is for all those babies of people we have never met but have this tragic connection to.

For that moment, I felt a connection to parents all over the world who also knew what it was like to never see or hold their child that they love so much.  I've heard it said, and I wholeheartedly agree, baby loss is a close-knit group of people who support each other, even though they never wanted to be in the group.  I've witnessed that throughout this project and I definitely felt that today.                                        ~T.










No comments:

Post a Comment