Friday, October 5, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 5, Memorial


Day 5 for the Capture Your Grief Project is a picture of anything you have done in memory of your baby.  While it is similar to what I will be using on Day 17, it is what I consider to be Taylor's memorial.  This is the memorial we created for her when we celebrated her birthday on September 24.  It includes her Prayer Flag, the angel butterfly I found (because butterflies can be a symbol of lost babies and a purple butterfly is the symbol for TS), her ultrasound from when we heard her heartbeat, Peanut (her puppy dog that my brother and sister-in-law gave me for Mother's Day, wearing the outfit, with Rangers t-shirt, they gave J for Father's Day), Mr. Raccoon, Pajama Baby (Mr. Raccoon and Pajama Baby are from my uncle for Taylor), a lily from the bouquet our wonderful friends sent us in honor of her birthday, and candlelight to let her know she shines on inside of us.  I will share more about her birthday celebration on the 17th, but I think this was a beautiful way for us to honor her.  I am not ashamed to admit that I have slept with one of the three stuffed animals every night since we lost her and I can't go to sleep until one of them in tucked under my arm.  It makes me feel close to her each night.  Hard to believe our baby girl would be in our home by now filling it with all kinds of wonderful baby sounds and smells if things had been different.

~T.

No comments:

Post a Comment