Saturday, October 13, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Day 13, Signs

Taylor's Birthday Rainbow
Taylor's "I Love You" to Mommy















Day 13 of the Capture Your Grief project is a sign you have received from your baby.  I included two pictures for this day.  The first picture is a picture I took on Taylor's birthday while we were at the lake.  The flash of light (blob) in the middle of the picture is her Wish Lantern we released after praying for her.  As we watched the lantern fade from sight, I noticed this beautiful purple nighttime rainbow arching over where the lantern disappeared.  I pointed it out to my husband and stated that I had never seen anything like it before.  The sunset was actually behind us and other than the rainbow, that part of the sky was pitch black.  It was this beautiful purple color and we knew it was a sign from Taylor, telling us she loved us as we celebrated her here.  We both were tearing up. It did not make scientific sense that there should be a color of light where the rainbow was, but yet, there it was.  I tried to get a picture of it, but could only get blackness.  When I got in the car, I looked back through my pictures, disappointed that they were black.  Then I looked through the pictures I attempted to take of the wish lantern and noticed the one above.  I was so excited that I had captured the rainbow!  The crazy part is that we could not see the rainbow until the lantern was gone, but there it was in the picture.  Below is the same picture, but with adjusted levels,  I think it's beautiful to see all that was going on in the night sky that we couldn't see, yet our daughter was painting us a picture. 


The picture on the right is from the day that I spoke of in Day 3/4 post.  It is a beautiful sunset straight from Heaven and my baby girl.
I am thankful that I am getting to the place in my grief where I can see Taylor in my world and smile.  When you are in your darkest days that is so difficult.  Unless you have lost a child, you have no idea what these moments mean to a parent.  They are our baby's way of sending us a hug, a kiss, and an "I love you."  They are everything.
~T.

No comments:

Post a Comment